Spinal Cord Injury Compensation Claims
Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI) are one of the more serious types of injury you can sustain when involved in a non-fault accident due to the fact that they can lead to paralysis, which is a life altering injury not only for you, but for your loved ones as well.
It is a very traumatic injury as it comes with psychological implications as well as physical complications which both can take a lot of time to heal if not adapt to.
We treat each and every SCI case with the upmost of sensitivity as these types of cases are usually very complicated and can last for a longer period of time that a “typical” personal injury compensation claim case.
This means that our specialist solicitors will be working closely with you and your family, which means carrying out home and/or hospital visits to attain information needed and see how you are progressing along.
What Types of Accidents Can Cause SCI
Probably the most common cause of Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI) are motor vehicle accidents. In the US they account for around 40% of motorcycle accidents alone (source). The other types of accidents are:
- Falls – Usually people over the age of 60 are more likely to sustain a spinal cord injury from a fall due to another person’s negligence.
- Sports Injuries – SCI is usually associated with contact and high impact sports like boxing, rugby, motor racing etc.
- Criminal Injuries – Criminal acts of violence can lead to Spinal Cord Injuries from such things as gunshots and knife wounds.
If you have been sustained a SCI from a non fault accident from any of the above accident types, you may be entitled to claim for compensation.
The compensation amount will not only include damages from the injuries caused, but also the aftercare that is ultimately needed with a serious injury like a spinal injury.
Aftercare and other costs that you may be entitled to claim for can include:
- Loss of income due to the accident
- Modifications needed to your home and/or car due to the accident.
- Healthcare costs such as hospital costs, treatment costs, rehabilitation costs, and other such costs that you are likely to incur.
SCI Compensation Claims Advise
Whether you or somebody that you know has suffered a non fault Spinal Related Injury and you wish to claim for compensation, you must act sooner rather than later.
This is because just like any other personal injury claim, there are strict time limits on how long after you have sustained the accident can you make a claim for compensation.
There are a lot of factors in SCI claims and the sooner the process begins the better it will be for all parties involved. If you need any help, guidance or advise, you can contact us by filling in the form provided or by calling us on 0161 82 11 229.
We cannot change the traumatic accident that has happened to you, however we can at least play a vital part in the aftermath of the accident and take care of the financial aspect for you.
- Personal Injury Claims – Information on personal injury claims for compensation and how to make a claim.
- Road Traffic Accident Compensation – Information on making a road traffic accident compensation claim.
- Slips Trips and Falls – Information on making a slip trip and fall injury claim for compensation.
- Head Injury Compensation – Information on head injury claims for compensation as a result of a non fault accident.